Visa � Mastercard
|
arrow arrow arrow / / Second hand arrow . Large Format cameras arrow 1012" (2530)

1012" (2530)





: _

: K22527

5 : Dallmeyer 4D 5D (400mm 520mm f/6) + Sinar + 5 + + Gitzo GT5540LS+ Majestic Arca-Swiss +

: 450 000 p.

.





    1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012        1012    

. . 15 600 5.

, , - ( 400 Ilford)

:

Dallmeyer 4D 5D (400mm 520mm f/6) + Sinar + 5 + + Gitzo GT5540LS+ Majestic Arca-Swiss + + + + +

 

 

G. Hare
Company Address
26 Calthorpe St., London WC 1876 - South side on the corner of Gough St. (Gray's Inn side)
1 Lower Calthorpe St., London WC c. 1863 - 1876
140 Pentonville Rd., London N 1857 - c. 1863
George Hare (b.1828, d.1913) was living at the Pentonville Road address in 1861, at that time he employed eight men and one boy. In 1881 he was living at 26 Calthorpe Street and employed 12 men and 3 boys. He was born in St Saviours York where he served an apprenticeship with his father (James) as a joiner, later he moved to London and worked for Ottewill. He remained there for only a year or two before setting up his own workshop. In 1867 he must have had financial problems and agreed payment terms with his creditors. He was survived by three daughters and a son James (b. 1857) who worked for Dale before emigrating to America and was a noted photographer. Some original sources give Hare's date of birth as 1825 or 1826.
Hare cameras are of the highest quality and hand-made, the timber used is usually Spanish mahogany with the screw head slots aligned. Hare sold a range of cameras but is especially noted for the '1882' folding bed model and his tailboard camera of 1878. Typically the edges of the retaining strips holding the lens panel have a flat bevel to them. He probably supplied to the trade.
Hare is listed as the maker of the Ladies' Camera, a combined camera and darkroom, patented by W.A. Brice in 1876 (BP 1050/1876).
Calthorpe St. at this time ran between Gray's Inn Rd and Phoenix Place, Lower Calthorpe ran between Phoenix Place and Farringdon Rd. Later the whole road was known as Calthorpe.
Follow kutuzovphoto on Twitter Follow kutuzovphoto on Facebook